All you need to know – Chailey Heritage School
Haywards Heath Road, North Chailey, East Sussex, BN8 4EF
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Chailey Heritage School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Chailey Heritage School
- There is ample free parking in the main Chailey Heritage car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park at the rear of the school.
- At the main entrance turn right towards the car park exit and then turn left and follow the drive around the back of all the school buildings. Puddle Ducks signage will direct you to the pool.
- Please note the whole of the school site including the car parks are no-smoking areas.
- There is space to leave pushchairs inside the building where the pool is located.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing areas for women and men.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing area, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing areas so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue from 12th September 2021; we reserve the right to review our spectator policy at any time.
- We ask that adult spectators wear face coverings and socially distance where possible inside the pool building.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- The pool hall is really warm here so we recommend that spectators bring water with them to keep hydrated.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 33°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: Two areas 1.15 metres and 1.4 metres respectively
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine