All you need to know – Chailey Heritage School
Haywards Heath Road, North Chailey, East Sussex, BN8 4EF
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Chailey Heritage School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Chailey Heritage School
Parking: There is ample free parking in the main Chailey Heritage car park; Puddle Ducks customers should park at the rear of the school.
- At the main entrance turn right towards the car park exit and then turn left and follow the drive around the back of all the school buildings. Puddle Ducks signage will direct you to the pool.
- Please note the whole of the school site including the car parks are no-smoking areas.
- There is space to leave pushchairs inside the building where the pool is located.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing areas for women and men and benches for convenient baby changing. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
Spectators: Spectators can sit poolside; outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall. The pool hall is really warm here so we recommend that spectators bring water with them to keep hydrated.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 33°C. We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: Two areas 1.15 metres and 1.4 metres respectively
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties & Splashers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine