All you need to know – Sports Direct
St Heliers Avenue, off Portland Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 5RE
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Sports Direct – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Sports Direct
Parking: There is free parking in the Sports Direct car park; please allow extra time as this may be busy on occasions. There is also free on street parking just outside Sports Direct.
- You may bring pushchairs but please note that there are stairs to climb as you enter the building and pushchairs must not be left at the bottom of the stairs or on the middle landing as this is the fire exit. We do have pushchair storage at the top of the stairs, Sports Direct staff are happy to assist if you need help up the stairs.
- All Puddle Ducks customers need to sign in at the reception desk upon arrival.
- A padlock is required to secure the lockers at this venue; please bring one with you.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- Please note spectators are not permitted poolside at this venue but there is an onsite café that they are welcome to use.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool is used by Sports Direct members.
Changing rooms: There are large, separate changing rooms for women and men with warm, fresh water showers. Please remember to bring a padlock for the lockers.
Spectators: Unfortunately, spectators are not allowed poolside at this venue; there is an onsite café that they are welcome to use. Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C. We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1.3 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine