All you need to know – Woodhouse School
Woodhouse Primary School, Daisy Road, Brighouse, HD6 3SX
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Woodhouse School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Woodhouse School
Parking: There is free street parking around the school, please do not park in the school grounds as these spaces are for staff.
- Enter the school by the main gates and follow the buildings round to the right, the swimming pool building is that side of the school
- Please note we are unable to use the toilets in the school for safeguarding reasons, there is an outdoor toilet which we have access to but we do recommend using the toilet prior to attending as it is not the nicest toilet.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms poolside which are both for females, if a male does want to get changed we have pop up changing rooms for them to use.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a exclusive use of the pool during our hire.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside to watch classes.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C. For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top may be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1 metre throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest soft-play centre