All you need to know - Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy
West End, Strensall, York, YO32 5UH
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy - a fabulous spacious pool excellent for Puddle Ducks classes.
Parking: Free located at the back of the school through back gates.
- Please park in the large car park at the back of the school
- The pool has a separate entrance as the main reception will be closed
- Please shower before entering the pool – showers are in the changing rooms
- Baby wetsuits are recommended for children under the age of 1 year
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There are male and female changing rooms with direct access to pool. Showers are available in both changing rooms. A travel cot and changing mats are provided.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside on benches.
- Pool temperature: 30/31°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant on site
- Depth: 0.9 metres throughout
- Maximum class ratios: Baby and pre school - 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher and Swim Academy Level 1 & 2 - 4 children:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Northfield Play Area - The Village, Strensall, York, YO32 5XA
Closest soft play
Creepy Crawlies - The Web Adventure Park, Wigginton Road, York, YO32 2RH.
Inside Creepy Crawlies you will find a role play village “Bugginton” with a shop, cottage, a vets and a DIY store. Little-ones can enjoy a variety of role-play and dressing up, construction, musical instruments, craft, puppets and messy play offered week days in term time. There are separate Play Zones including a baby and toddler area.
Piglets Farm - Towthorpe Grange, Towthorpe Moor Lane, York, YO32 9ST
Visit www.pigletsadventurefarm.com for opening times and more information
Beetle Bank Farm - Moor Lane, Murton, York, YO19 5XD
Visit www.beetlebankopenfarm.co.uk for opening times and more information