Swimmers MUST read the Covid-related procedures for this pool before they attend lessons, please click here.
All you need to know – Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel Pool
To BOOK ONLINE for theses classes PLEASE CLICK HERE
24-26 Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 0DD
Location: Spa Naturel at the Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel & Spa
There is limited complimentary parking in the hotel car park (beneath the building), available strictly on a 'first come, first served' basis. Accessed via Howard Place, if the sign at the entrance says the car park is full then please don't attempt to enter! You must input your car registration at the Spa reception or you will receive a fine (if you register details then parking is free for 2 hours).
On street parking is plentiful and free until 10am so if you're in an earlier class we'd recommend you park on the road. If you're unlikely to return to your car before 10am please obtain a valid ticket (£2.10).
- As a hospitality setting it's no longer mandatory to wear face coverings, however we're asking our swimmers and team to wear whilst entering the building and using the changing rooms.
- Please do not enter the building more than 10 minutes before your lesson time to allow us to reduce congestion in the changing rooms.
- There are two large changing rooms (one for men and one for women) with showers and lockers. Unfortunately at this pool there are no family changing areas. At 8 years old children must change in the same sex changing room.
- Due to limited space if it’s possible to come without a pushchair/car seat please do, but if you bring one it can be left in the corridor outside the changing rooms. No pushchairs to be brought poolside please.
- We can allow one adult to each child swimming at the pool (no spectators during Baby & Preschool lessons please). If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring an additional person as necessary.
- I'm afraid we can't allow spectators during our Baby & Preschool lessons. Swim Academy children are permitted one adult to stay poolside if they wish, but we'd rather you waited in the lovely bar area upstairs instead. There's a strict 'no phones' policy poolside so if you need to use your phone at all then you must wait upstairs.
- Please arrive at the pool 'swim ready' i.e. with swimwear under your clothes. Please read our full advice here.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
- Please take all your nappies home - no nappies are to be left in the bins at the pool.
- If your baby is younger than 6 months we'd recommend they wear a thermal wetsuit to stop them getting chilly at this pool.
- Only Spa Naturel members who swim with us are permitted to use the pool before or after their lesson. Even if you are a member we wouldn't recommend you swim before your class as you might tire your child out before their lesson!
Puddle Ducks have a roped off area; the rest of the pool is open to hotel guests and leisure club members.
- Use of the changing rooms is permitted but please spend as little time there as possible to reduce congestion.
- Please take all nappies home with you - do not place them in the bins at the pool
- We recommend you bring a changing mat to change your baby on.
There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C
- Depth: 1.25m (we use a submerged platform in Swim Academy lessons so that children can stand in their depth)
- Maximum class ratio: Baby & Preschool - 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher, Swim Academy Level 1 and 2 - 4 children:1 teacher