IMPORTANT: Please read this SWIMMING AT THE MERCURE CARDIFF HOLLAND HOUSE document BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures in place for staying safe during COVID-19.
All you need to know – Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel Pool
To BOOK ONLINE for theses classes PLEASE CLICK HERE
24-26 Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 0DD
Location: Spa Naturel at the Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel & Spa
There is limited complimentary parking in the hotel car park (beneath the building), available strictly on a 'first come, first served' basis. Accessed via Howard Place, if the sign at the entrance says the car park is full then please don't attempt to enter! You must input your car registration at the Spa reception or you will receive a fine (if you register details then parking is free for 2 hours).
On street parking is plentiful and free until 10am so if you're in an earlier class we'd recommend you park on the road. If you're unlikely to return to your car before 10am please obtain a valid ticket (£2.10).
- Everyone over 11 years (unless exempt) must wear a face covering at all times when inside the building (but not whilst swimming).
- Please do not enter the building more than 10 minutes before your lesson time to allow us to reduce congestion, maintain social distancing and allow time for additional cleaning where necessary.
- Please can all swimmers arrive 'swim ready' i.e. with swimwear on under their clothes.
- We can allow one adult to each child swimming at the pool (and no additional spectators please). If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring an additional person as necessary.
- Please arrive at the pool swim ready i.e. with swimwear under your clothes. Please read our full advice here.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Due to the current restrictions we're unable to lend nappies at the pool, so without them you'll be unable to swim.
- You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
- Please take all your nappies home - no nappies are to be left in the bins at the pool.
- If your baby is younger than 15 months we'd recommend they wear a thermal wetsuit to stop them getting chilly at this pool.
Puddle Ducks have a roped off area; the rest of the pool is open to hotel guests and leisure club members.
- Due to social distancing regulations we are unable to use the changing rooms other than access to the pool (and a space to remove shoes). Please move through the changing rooms as quickly as you can; shoes can be left beneath the lockers or carried poolside (see full advice here).
- There will be allocated, socially distant markers poolside. Please change here before your class and leave your belongings there too. For Swim Academy classes, the accompanying adult can watch the class from their marker (please wear a mask at all times).
- Please take all nappies home with you - do not place them in the bins at the pool
- We recommend you bring a changing mat to change your baby on, and consider a changing poncho or robe for yourself. There will be allocated, socially distanced markers poolside to show you where to change.
There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 30°C - this pool does fluctuate in temperature a little.
- Depth: 1.25m (we use a submerged platform in Swim Academy lessons so that children can stand in their depth)
- Maximum class ratio: Baby & Preschool - 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher, Swim Academy Level 1 and 2 - 4 children:1 teacher