Our underwater photoshoots are a firm favourite with many parents. The resulting pictures are often cherished by families for many years after they are taken, taking pride of place on the mantlepiece or in family albums.
These professionally taken photos capture the bubbles, smiles and splashes forever, and can provide happy reminders of your child’s younger years and the fun they had learning to swim.
Take a look at our photo galleries (just below) to see some of our fabulous Puddle Ducks under the water, and to get a feel for what type of photographs you can expect from your little cherub’s shoot.
Underwater Photography Gallery
What happens at an underwater photo session?
- We make the sessions as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
- We always put the welfare of your little one first, and will not submerge a distressed child.
- You can go in the water with your child, just like in your usual Puddle Ducks class.
- You can have your photo taken under water with your child if you wish.
It's important to note:
- Floaties and Splashers are usually very comfortable during the session.
- Some Kickers and Little Dippers may not enjoy going underwater in front of a camera with teacher they’re not familiar with.
- Dippers and Dabblers usually love swimming under the water towards their parents, although occasionally some do not like the lighting or camera.
Finally, we do our very best to make sure you have a gorgeous photo to take home with you!
N.B. For child protection reasons we don’t allow photographs to be taken during our classes and spectators aren’t allowed to bring cameras or use mobile phones during our swimming lessons.
You’ll know if your child will enjoy an underwater photo shoot if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Have you been coming to Puddle Ducks for at least six weeks?
- Is your child happy being submerged (put underwater)?
- Is your child happy to be handled by a teacher they do not recognise? We can’t always guarantee your child will have their regular teacher present on a photo shoot.
For more information please contact your local office, where a friendly team member will be happy to advise you. Our frequently asked questions section is a great place to find all the answers you need, including information on our children’s swimming programmes and more.