Our underwater photoshoots are a firm favourite with many parents. The resulting pictures are often cherished by families for many years after they are taken, taking pride of place on the mantlepiece or in family albums.
These professionally taken photos capture the bubbles, smiles and splashes forever, and can provide happy reminders of your child’s younger years and the fun they had learning to swim.
Take a look at our photo galleries (just below) to see some of our fabulous Puddle Ducks under the water, and to get a feel for what type of photographs you can expect from your little cherub’s shoot.
Underwater Photography Gallery
To book onto one of the below photoshoots, make sure you are logged in to your My Puddle Ducks account, and click "Book now".
Pool Name: Warley Road Primary School
Venue: Warley Road, Halifax HX1 3TG
Contact: 0113 8267253
Pool Name: Jurys Inn Middlesbrough
Venue: Fry Street Middlesbrough TS1 1JH
Contact: 01429 278165
Doncaster & South Humberside
Pool Name: Epworth Pool
Venue: Burnham Road Epworth Doncaster South Yorkshire DN9 1BZ
Contact: 07884 933789
Pool Name: Aqua Nurture, Gee Cross
Venue: Knott Lane Gee Cross Cheshire SK14 5BS
Contact: 0161 883 0222
Pool Name: Blue Wave Hydrotherapy Pool
Venue: Blue Wave Complex Victoria Road Margate Kent CT9 1NA
Contact: 01622 236111
Pool Name: Percy Hedley
Venue: West Lane, Killingworth, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE12 7BH
Contact: 01661 824 191
We always put the welfare of your child first.
When we run an underwater photoshoot, all children who book in are known by us, and every teacher is responsible for vetting our register and ensuring that each child is suitable to attend. Our submersion teacher and even the photographer are specially trained by Puddle Ducks and a huge amount of work goes into ensuring our photoshoots are fun, happy events for all who attend. Some children can become distressed at photoshoots, and if this is not handled well, it can have a big impact on their water confidence, which is something we would never want to happen. Although we know that capturing a photograph of your child underwater is unique and special, it should never been captured at the expense of a child’s happiness; we will never submerge a distressed child.
What happens at an underwater photo session?
- We make the sessions as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
- You can go in the water with your child, just like in your usual Puddle Ducks class.
- You can have your photo taken under water with your child if you wish.
It's important to note:
- Floaties and Splashers are usually very comfortable during the session.
- Some Kickers and Little Dippers may not enjoy going underwater in front of a camera with teacher they’re not familiar with.
- Dippers and Dabblers usually love swimming under the water towards their parents, although occasionally some do not like the lighting or camera.
Finally, we do our very best to make sure you have a gorgeous photo to take home with you!
N.B. For child protection reasons we don’t allow photographs to be taken during our classes and spectators aren’t allowed to bring cameras or use mobile phones during our swimming lessons.
You’ll know if your child will enjoy an underwater photo shoot if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Have you been coming to Puddle Ducks for at least six weeks?
- Is your child happy being submerged (put underwater)?
- Is your child happy to be handled by a teacher they do not recognise? We can’t always guarantee your child will have their regular teacher present on a photo shoot.
For more information please contact your local office, where a friendly team member will be happy to advise you. Our frequently asked questions section is a great place to find all the answers you need, including information on our children’s swimming programmes and more.