All you need to know – Risebridge Farm
The Oast House, Risebridge Farm, Peasley Lane, Goudhurst, Kent, TN17 1H
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Risebridge Farm – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Risebridge Farm
- The pool is situated in the Oasts to the left of the building. Access is via the footpath from the car park directly to the Oasts. While we understand that the setting is idyllic with grassy areas and horses grazing in close proximity, customers are politely asked not to linger on site before or after classes and not to feed the horses at any time.
- Pushchairs may be stored outside of the building but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days. It is generally better to leave your pushchairs in the car.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are warm fresh water showers in the changing rooms.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue; we reserve the right to review our spectator policy.
- We ask that adult spectators wear face coverings and socially distance where possible inside the pool building.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- There is limited space for spectators poolside; at busy times it may be necessary to spectate in "shifts" with others.
- Pool overshoes need to be worn in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 32-33°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.3 metres in PD teaching area.
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine with UV filter for extra comfort and reassurance.
Access & Car Parking:
- Approach the pool from the A262 via either Blue Coat Lane or Ranters Lane. Turn into Peasley Lane from either of these approaches.
- Access to the car park is via Peasley Lane only; please only use this car park as all other parking around the site is private.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.