All you need to know – Risebridge Farm
The Oast House, Risebridge Farm, Peasley Lane, Goudhurst, Kent, TN17 1H
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Risebridge Farm – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Risebridge Farm
- The pool is situated in the Oasts to the left of the building. Access is via the footpath from the car park directly to the Oasts. While we understand that the setting is idyllic with grassy areas and horses grazing in close proximity, customers are politely asked not to linger on site before or after classes and not to feed the horses at any time.
- Pushchairs may be stored outside of the building but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days. It is generally better to leave your pushchairs in the car.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face mask in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons; please do this in the car before entering the building.
- Please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left in the pool hall during your lesson. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing rooms available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you when to enter the changing room so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing rooms and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 32-33°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.3 metres in PD teaching area.
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine with UV filter for extra comfort and reassurance.
Access & Car Parking:
- Approach the pool from the A262 via either Blue Coat Lane or Ranters Lane. Turn into Peasley Lane from either of these approaches.
- Access to the car park is via Peasley lane only. Please only use this car park as all other parking around the site is private.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.