All you need to know – the Tonbridge School Centre
London Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN10 3AD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Tonbridge School Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: the Tonbridge School Centre
- There is ample free, onsite parking.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- If you use one of the car parks other than that located beyond the main building or travel to the venue on foot, please use the main entrance to the building. The changing rooms and pool are on the lower level and be accessed by a lift.
- Pushchairs can be left in the area next to the entrance to the changing rooms (please do not block any doors or restrict access to the lift); pushchairs cannot be taken into the changing rooms.
- Please remove all shoes and socks before entering the pool hall.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that children under 18 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool and building is used by members of the Leisure Club.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons; ideally this can be done in the car before entering the building but, if not, please take a change mat to the poolside with you and make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible at the poolside.
- Please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside during your lesson. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing areas available for you to use after your lesson; please adhere to social distancing when poolside. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing rooms and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are permitted at this venue but must sit on a red dot in the seating area of the pool hall (babies must be taken out of car seats due to the risk of overheating).
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
- Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue at key times in the term. (There are always two lifeguards on duty as well as your qualified teacher.)
- Pool temperature: 29°C. (We recommend that children under 18 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1.2 metres graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: UV + automatic chlorine dosing