All you need to know – Brighton Hilton Metropole
King’s Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2FU
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Brighton Hilton Metropole – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Brighton Hilton Metropole
- Churchill Square NCP Car Park is a 3 minute walk from the venue.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park.
- The entrance to the LivingWell Heath Club at the Brighton Hilton Metropole is via the hotel’s main reception and down to the basement in the lift from the main foyer.
- There is a designated area close to the pool within the hotel for pushchair storage during lessons. We do however recommend that you only bring a pushchair if absolutely necessary. Pushchairs will be left at the venue at the customers’ own risk.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool is used by LivingWell Heath Club members.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- The changing rooms and lockers will not be available for use before your lesson. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons. Ideally this can be done before entering the building but, if not, please take a change mat to the poolside with you and make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible at the poolside.
Before the lesson, you will be asked to change poolside as changing rooms will be reserved for customers changing after their class, so please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing rooms available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you when to enter the changing rooms so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1.2 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine