All you need to know – Clayton Court Barn
Underhill Lane, Clayton, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 9PJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Clayton Court Barn – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
- Please note that some Sat Navs will take you to the wrong end of Underhill Lane when using the venue's postcode. The car park and pool are located near the church of St John the Baptist at the Hassocks end of the lane.
- Free car parking is available in the Village Hall car park which is located just opposite Clayton Court Barn.
- The pool is to left of, and just beyond, the main house.
- Please note due to the size of the men’s changing room we will only allow one man to change with their child at any time; we therefore recommend that any men swimming in our lessons at this venue allow extra time before the class because of this restriction.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There is one changing room for women and another very small one for men (we will only allow one man to change with their child at any time).
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Unfortunately, due to its intimate nature, spectators are not allowed at this venue. Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 0.9 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 5 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: UV + chlorine