All you need to know – Clayton Court Barn
Underhill Lane, Clayton, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 9PJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Clayton Court Barn – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
- Please note that some Sat Navs will take you to the wrong end of Underhill Lane when using the venue's postcode. The car park and pool are located near the church of St John the Baptist at the Hassocks end of the lane.
- Free car parking is available in the Village Hall car park which is located just opposite Clayton Court Barn.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- The pool is to left of, and just beyond, the main house.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face mask in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There is one changing room for women and another very small one for men (we will only allow one man to change with their child at any time).
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons; please do this in the car before entering the building.
- Please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left under the benches in the changing room during your lesson. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing rooms available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you when to enter the changing room so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing rooms and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Unfortunately, due to its intimate nature, spectators are not allowed at this venue.
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 0.9 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 5 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: UV + chlorine