All you need to know – Chailey Heritage School
Haywards Heath Road, North Chailey, East Sussex, BN8 4EF
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Chailey Heritage School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Chailey Heritage School
- There is ample free parking in the main Chailey Heritage car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park at the rear of the school.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- At the main entrance turn right towards the car park exit and then turn left and follow the drive around the back of all the school buildings. Puddle Ducks signage will direct you to the pool.
- Please note the whole of the school site including the car parks are no-smoking areas.
- There is space to leave pushchairs inside the building where the pool is located.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- The changing areas will not be available for use before your lesson. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons. Ideally this can be done in the car before entering the building but, if not, please take a change mat to the poolside with you and make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible at the poolside.
- Before the lesson, you will be asked to change poolside as changing areas will be reserved for customers changing after their class, so please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing areas available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you which area to use so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 33°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: Two areas 1.15 metres and 1.4 metres respectively
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine