All you need to know – Hamilsham Manor Hydro pool
Hamilsham Manor, 80 London Road, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 3DD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hamilsham Manor – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Hamilsham Manor
- There is ample free parking in the venue's grounds.
- Primary parking is in the area directly in front of the house, both to the left and to the right of the main driveway. On entering the venue's grounds use the spaces on the left hand side of the main drive first. The area is wood chipped. There is further parking on the right hand side of the drive as you enter the site. This area is also wood chipped.
- Please do not attempt to drive past the house. This wood chipped path at the side of the house which leads to the pool and the back garden is for pedestrian access only.
- The pool is situated at the rear of the building; access from the car park is via the wood chipped footpath. The entrance to the pool is across the raised patio at the end of the wood chipped footpath.
- Pushchairs may be stored outside of the building but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days.
- Changing rooms are accessed off the main pool hall to the left.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There is a fresh water shower next to pool, although this is not in use during the pandemic.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There is a communal changing area with individual unisex cubicles for private changing.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing area, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing areas so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue; we reserve the right to review our spectator policy.
- We ask that adult spectators wear face coverings and socially distance where possible inside the pool building.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Spectators are asked to to wipe their feet carefully when entering the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 32°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.2 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite)