This stunning spa pool is located in the exclusive grounds of The Chocolate Quarter retirement village in Keynsham, with public transport links and on-site parking available.
Pool temperature: 29-30°C
Depth: 1.2m sloping to 1.5m
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Parking: To park for free in the pay & display Pavilion carpark you must input your car registration number on the tablet at the Pavilion Building reception desk, upon arrival*. Please allow 5 minutes to walk to the pool from car park.
Public transport: The venue is easily reachable by bus or train with Keynsham train station within walking distance.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before the start of your lesson.
- We suggest all little swimmers (Splashers and Kickers) to wear an extra layer to ensure they remain warm. This could be a baby wrap wetsuit, thermal top, or an all in one neoprene nappy wetsuit - see 'attire' section below for more information.
- There is no poolside assistant at this venue, any problems please report to the spa reception desk.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- Please use any of the four unisex changing rooms, there is a poolside shower for use before or after lessons.
- Please be aware of building works and construction vehicles on the roads in the village. Please ensure you walk on pavements provided and park in the Pavilion car park only.
Parking and access
Please follow signs for the Pavilion car park as you enter The Chocolate Quarter residential village. To park for free in the pay & display Pavilion carpark you must input your car registration number on the tablet at the Pavilion Building reception desk, upon arrival*. Please leave other parking bays for residents or people using the facilities onsite. *Puddle Ducks will not be held responsible for any car parking fines received due to incorrect use of the parking facilities.
The pool is location in the main Chocolate Quarter building inside the spa and gym block. Please follow the pavement from the Pavilion car park and cross the road heading towards the main building. Walk past B-Block on your right and enter the doors at the back, signposted Spa and Gym.
- Unisex changing rooms are available and adults are encouraged to arrive swim-ready.
- Please do not use the changing room showers to keep floors dry for baby changing options after class and to help minimise the time spent in the cubicles after lessons.
- A poolside shower is available for use before and after your lesson, please do not use the changing room showers!
- To secure your belongings in the lockers you will need to bring your own padlock.
- Once you are ready for your lesson, please enter the pool hall a few minutes before your class begins and wait to one side, making room for the previous class to exit the pool easily.
- Please take your child’s towel poolside and hang on the pegs provided to stay warm after class and in case of a fire.
- One spectator allowed per child (in addition to the adult in the pool).
- If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring a spectator to any class, to help as necessary.
A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly Nappy Wrap & Liner underneath, if your child is not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Baby Swimming Kits, which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
We suggest all Splashers and Kickers to wear an extra layer to ensure they remain warm. This could be a baby wrap wetsuit, thermal top, or an all in one neoprene nappy wetsuit - View our our online shop for fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more! There are excellent secondhand baby wraps available on the local Facebook Marketplace too.
Outdoor shoes are strictly not allowed in the changing or pool area.
Any other queries?
You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
Why not stop for a coffee (or cake) after your swim at B-Block, situated in the main building. Alternatively you may wish to sample one of the cafes in Keynsham centre.