The Penny Porter pool is a gorgeously warm and welcoming hydrotherapy venue in Henbury, North Bristol, five minutes from Cribbs Causeway. We run our expert classes here from birth to 30 months old, with six babies per class.
- Easy parking at the venue or on-street just outside
- Toasty warm water
- Spectators welcome
For class times, booking and a location map, click here.
Address: 18a Dragons Well Road, Henbury, Bristol BS10 7BU
Venue website: Penny Porter Pool
Parking: There is a small private car park at the front of the pool building that you are welcome to use, or there is ample on-street parking on Dragons Well Road. This is a residential road, so please park responsibly. Thank you.
- A member of Puddle Ducks or Penny Porter staff will open up the main entrance for you when you ring the door bell.
- There is no space for pushchairs and car seats in the pool building.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers, or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Starter Packs which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
- You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Changing rooms: On weekdays there is one large and one smaller changing room for female customers, and a larger disabled toilet / changing room for our male customers. On Saturdays there is one changing room for women and another for men.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool.
Access: Please ring the door bell on arrival and a member of the Puddle Ducks or Penny Porter team will let you in.
- Pool temperature: 32-34°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue during weekends, and a member of Penny Porter staff during the week.
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 6 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher (Baby and Preschool classes)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
Closest soft play area
Jump is the biggest indoor soft play centre in England and you can get there in just a 5-10 minute drive! Based at Cribbs Causeway, in addition to the huge inflatables and adventure play frames, there is a zone just for toddlers, and a café for mums and dads.
The café at Blaise Castle Estate is a great place for a coffee or lunch, especially when the sun is shining as there’s a children’s play area just outside. There’s lots more to do here including climbing the hill to the castle, visiting the lily pond, or feel free to take a picnic or fire up a BBQ.
Cribbs Causeway is only a 5-10 minute drive where there is a variety of eateries.