IMPORTANT: Please read this SWIMMING AT PENNY PORTER POOL document BEFORE attending your first lesson post-lockdown. It details all the procedures in place for staying safe during COVID-19.
The Penny Porter pool is a gorgeously warm and welcoming hydrotherapy venue in Henbury, North Bristol, five minutes from Cribbs Causeway. We run our expert classes here from birth to 30 months old.
- Easy parking at the venue or on-street just outside
- Toasty warm water
For class times, booking and a location map, click here.
Address: 18a Dragons Well Road, Henbury, Bristol BS10 7BU
Venue website: Penny Porter Pool
Parking: There is a small private car park at the front of the pool building that you are welcome to use, or there is ample on-street parking on Dragons Well Road. This is a residential road, so please park responsibly. Thank you.
- A member of Puddle Ducks or Penny Porter staff will open up the main entrance for you when you ring the door bell.
- There is no space for pushchairs and car seats in the pool building.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers, or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Starter Packs which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
- You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool.
Access: Please ring the door bell on arrival and a member of the Puddle Ducks or Penny Porter team will let you in.
- Pool temperature: 32-34°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue
- Depth: 1.2m
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
The café at Blaise Castle Estate is a great place for a coffee or lunch, especially when the sun is shining as there’s a children’s play area just outside. There’s lots more to do here including climbing the hill to the castle, visiting the lily pond, or feel free to take a picnic or fire up a BBQ.
Cribbs Causeway is only a 5-10 minute drive where there is a variety of eateries.