The Penny Porter pool is a gorgeously warm and welcoming hydrotherapy venue in Henbury, North Bristol, five minutes from Cribbs Causeway. We run our expert classes here from birth to 30 months old on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Pool temperature: 32-34°C
Address: 18a Dragons Well Road, Henbury, Bristol BS10 7BU
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool.
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
Parking and access: There is a small private car park at the front of the pool building that you are welcome to use, or there is ample on-street parking on Dragons Well Road. This is a residential road, so please park responsibly.
- We have now been advised that customers at Penny Porter pool do not have to wear face coverings, but are still encouraged to use hand sanitiser on entry.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before the start of your lesson.
- The poolside assistant or Penny Porter staff will open up the main entrance for you when you ring the door bell.
- Due to limited space, please do not bring pushchairs or car seats into the pool building.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing and showering
- Please do not leave your shoes in the reception area, instead take them into the changing rooms with you.
- Ventilation is crucial, so Penny Porter are asking people not to shower and to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible, to allow time for them to be mopped down and ventilated between classes.
- Penny Porter urges visitors to avoid overcrowding and ask people not to congregate in the reception area. They also ask visitors to not attend the pool if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 10 days (or until you have two negative lateral flow tests, which ever is sooner). If people are not routinely testing they ask visitors to not attend if they have a fever - these guidelines are due to the fact it is a healthcare setting.
- One spectator per child is allowed poolside. Due to limited space, please leave the poolside clear during class changeovers.
- If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring a spectator poolside to any class, to help as necessary.
Baby and Pre-School: a well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly Nappy Wrap & Liner underneath, if your child is not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Baby Swimming Kits, which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
Any other queries?
You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
The café at Blaise Castle Estate is a great place for a coffee or lunch, especially when the sun is shining as there’s a children’s play area just outside. There’s lots more to do here including climbing the hill to the castle, visiting the lily pond, or feel free to take a picnic or fire up a BBQ.
Cribbs Causeway is only a 5-10 minute drive where there is a variety of eateries.