St Mary Redcliffe School pool is conveniently situated in the heart of Bristol. We offer expert classes from ages six months to 4 years, and Swim Academy lessons for primary school-aged children.
- Ample free parking outside the venue
- Spectators welcome on poolside
- Changing rooms with showers
For class times, booking and a location map, click here.
Address: Somerset Square, Bristol BS1 6RT
Venue website: St Mary Redcliffe School
Parking: There is ample free parking immediately outside of the venue.
- After entering the school building, please follow the signs to the swimming pool, or ask for directions at the school reception desk.
- There is limited space for pushchairs and car seats so please don’t bring them inside the building. Thank you.
- Spectators are very welcome. Please sit along the benches at the deep end of the pool. Parents / guardians are responsible for their children when they are not in their lesson so please keep them close.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing rooms: There are two changing areas, one male and one female, both with a shower and toilet. Please bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class.
- Baby and Pre-School: a well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly Nappy Wrap & Liner underneath, if your child is not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Baby Swimming Kits, which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. We provide a complimentary swim hat when you join us. You can find our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool.
Access: The school doors will be open. Please follow the signs to the swimming pool, or ask for directions at the school reception desk.
- Pool temperature: 30°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 0.98m to 2.92m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher (Baby and Preschool classes)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 3)
- 8-10 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 5 and 6)
Any other queries?
You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks difference
St Mary Redcliffe School is close to lots of restaurants and cafés, many that overlook the water. If you fancy a great value, great quality pizza for lunch, visit Pi Shop, part of the Casamia group. Absolutely yummy!