All you need to know – St Mary Redcliffe School
Somerset Square, Bristol BS1 6RT
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at St Mary Redcliffe School in central Bristol – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: St Mary Redcliffe School
Parking: There is ample free parking immediately outside of the venue.
- After entering the school building, please follow the signs to the swimming pool, or ask for directions at the school reception desk.
- There is limited space for pushchairs and car seats so please don’t bring them inside the building. Thank you.
- Spectators are very welcome at St Mary Redcliffe School pool but please sit along the benches at the deep end of the pool. Parents / guardians are responsible for their children when they are not in their lesson so please keep them close.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing rooms: There are two changing areas, one male and one female, both with a shower and toilet. Please bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers, or in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Starter Packs which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
- You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool.
Access: The school doors will be open. Please follow the signs to the swimming pool, or ask for directions at the school reception desk.
- Pool temperature: 30°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 0.98m to 2.92m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs : 1 teacher (Baby and Preschool classes)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 3)
- 8-10 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 5 and 6)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest soft play area
Playspace soft play is a short drive from St Mary Redcliffe School. You’ll find a comfortable play centre with natural light, comfy sofa’s, good quality coffee and home cooked food and there are lots of different play zones for children from 0-10 years.
St Mary Redcliffe School is a short walk away from a plethora of wonderful restaurants and cafés, many that overlook the water. If you fancy a great value, great quality pizza for lunch, visit Pi Shop, part of the Casamia group. Absolutely yummy!
If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Call us on 0117 9717165
Email us on email@example.com