Come and swim at Stonar School, where the pool is nestled in the grounds of this exclusive private school near Atworth and Melksham. We run classes for children aged 15 months all the way up to 10 years old at this venue.
- Free onsite parking
- Baby and pre-school lessons run at the same time as Swim Academy classes – perfect if you want siblings to swim at the same time!
Address: Cottles Park, Atworth, Wiltshire SN12 8NU
Parking: There is ample free parking just a short walk from the pool building.
Please read this COVID-19 Pool Information Document for Stonar School as some of the information below is superseded by what is in this document.
- When you enter the school grounds, travel up the drive through the beautiful grounds until you reach a signpost then follow the directions to “Equestrian / Sports Hall”. Watch out for horses!
- There is limited space for pushchairs and car seats so please don’t bring them inside the building. Thank you.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Arriving and changing
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before the start of your lesson, and be poolside ready for the start of your lesson.
- Baby and pre-school: changing rooms will be available before and after your lesson. Customers are encouraged to arrive swim-ready, if possible, in order to minimise time spent in an enclosed space with others.
- Swim Academy: children should arrive swim-ready and undress at the shallow end of the pool. Note that adults are no longer permitted to be in the in the water with Swim Academy children, and must leave the pool hall once their child’s lesson begins. After lessons, the changing room will be available.
- Showers will be available and are encouraged before and after your lesson.
- Baby and Pre-School: a well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly Nappy Wrap & Liner underneath, if your child is not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Baby Swimming Kits, which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. We provide a complimentary swim hat when you join us. You can find our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
Spectators and Swim Academy Parent Spotters
- Due to the distance from the car park, one spectator is allowed to sit pool side per Swim Academy child, additional spectators are welcome to watch through the windows and remain outside.
- Please ensure your child visits the WC before their class.
- If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring a spectator to any class, to help as necessary.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool.
Access: Follow the signs to “Equestrian / Sports Hall” and use the car park in this area please. Please don’t park at the front of the main school building, thank you.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C.
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 1m graduating to 2m
Any other queries?
You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
If you fancy a good family bite to eat in a lovely setting then pop into Neston Farm Shop and Kitchen in Atworth. There’s a farm shop too, so well worth a visit.