All you need to know – The Boswells School Pool, Chelmsford
Burnham Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 6LY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Boswells School.
Here is some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Burnham Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 6LY
- Parking is free. There is ample parking in the school car park accessed via the gates on the corner of Bodmin Road and Dartmouth Road.
- The pool hall is the first building on the right as you drive through the gates.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing rooms, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are warm showers at this venue.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- We recommend wearing thermal clothing for classes at this pool. Check our shop for ideas.
- All nappies should be taken home with you – we can provide nappy sacks.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool.
- There are newly refurbished separate changing rooms for women and men with shower cubicles.
- Shoes and socks must be removed upon entering the changing rooms.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue; we reserve the right to review our spectator policy at any time.
- We ask that adult spectators wear face coverings and socially distance where possible inside the pool building.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant available on site to help you at all times.
- Pool temperature: 29°C
- Depth: 1m graduating to 2m (roped off from 1.4m)
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher