All you need to know – Newbridge Lower School, Goodmayes, Romford
161 Gresham Drive, Romford, Essex RM6 4TR
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Newbridge School.
Here is some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: 161 Gresham Drive, Romford, Essex RM6 4TR
- There is limited parking on site at the front of the school, and plenty of parking in the road directly outside the school.
- The pool is accessed via the pedestrian entrance, through a gate to the left of the main school entrance, and via the playground at the back of the school.
- There is a covered shelter for use as a buggy park - please do not take buggies into the changing room.
There is a large changing area separated into male and female changing areas.
- There are benches and tables available to use (which must be wiped down with the disinfectant provided after use). For younger babies and children, we also suggest bringing a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There is a warm shower and toilets in the changing area, for use before and after lessons.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies should be taken home with you – we can provide nappy sacks.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
- Shoes and socks must be removed upon entering the changing rooms.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy-to-remove clothes.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- There is limited space on poolside for a small number of spectators who must keep clear of the fire exit at all times. We reserve the right to review our spectator policy at any time.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall. All spectators must be barefoot or wear shoe covers (provided at the venue).
Photography and Videos
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
- Pool temperature: 32°C - 33°C
- Depth: 1.1m graduating to 0.7m
- Maximum class ratios: 5 children/adult pairs:1 teacher