All you need to know – Caterham High School Pool, Ilford
Caterham Avenue, Ilford, Essex IG5 0QW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Caterham School.
Here is some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Caterham Avenue, Ilford, Essex IG5 0QW
- Parking is free. There is ample parking in the school car park accessed via the entrance in Heathcote Avenue.
- Park at the far end of the car park near the gate/entrance to the sports hall. There is a short walk from here to the pool building.
- Follow the path towards the floodlit football pitches, where the path then bears to the left.
- Follow this path and you will see the pool building to the right.
- Walk around the building to the pool hall entrance.
- Pushchairs are not allowed into the pool building but there is a sheltered area for wet days where these items may be left at the owners’ risk.
- Please remove all shoes and socks when entering the pool building.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing rooms, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are no showers at this venue.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies should be taken home with you – we can provide nappy sacks.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men with open individual cubicles.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask that you take your clothes and other belongings with you onto the poolside and we will provide a container for this purpose.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are not permitted at this venue.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant available on site to help you at all times.
- Pool temperature: 31°C
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.54m (roped off from 1.4m)
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher