Join our Puddle Ducks Team!
Would you like to be part of something new and exciting?
Do you appreciate the importance of giving children the opportunity to learn to swim, building water confidence from the outset, in a fun and engaging way?
If you believe in the ethos of our 100% child-led approach to swimming, and are interested in offering your support to help the business grow at the same time, then this opportunity could be for you!
I am looking for a ‘right-hand man/woman’ to support me as the current sole teacher, and help to build this newly acquired franchise business, in order for it to grow to its full potential.
No previous Swimming Teaching experience is necessary as full training will need to be undertaken, but basic qualifications will need to be achieved first, as detailed below. We would of course expect interested applicants to share our passion for baby and child swimming!
What is on offer
- Flexible/increasing hours
- Adaptable role – on-going training for BPS (Baby & Pre-School) and then SA (Swim Academy), potentially to become Senior teacher, assessing new recruits
- Free swimming lessons for your children
- Weekend shifts, with the potential for weekday shifts going forward as business grows with new opportunities
- For the right candidate, opportunities in other areas such as administration and marketing may become available too
- STA Level 2 Safety Award for Teachers or equivalent in life saving qualification*
- STA membership and online safeguarding training completed*
- Clean Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (conducted by Puddle Ducks)
- Computer literacy
- Competency in swimming (able to swim 25m and dive to the bottom of the pool)
- Valid Driving Licence and use of own car
- Availability to work weekends
* These can be obtained easily prior to commencement
- STA BPS swimming teaching qualification or equivalent
- STA Level 2 Award in swimming teaching qualification or equivalent
For the right candidate, full training to reach these qualifications will be given.
Once all qualifications required have been achieved, the post will involve further training and co-teaching to become a qualified Puddle Ducks Teacher. This training and co-teaching period will be fully remunerated. Our rate card for pay details is available upon request. The successful candidate will be earning £25 per hour within 12 months of starting teaching with us!
If this all sounds amazing, and is perfect for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email [email protected] for more details, and to request an Application Form.