Meadowside School, Pool Lane, Woodchurch, Birkenhead, Wirral CH49 5LA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Meadowside School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful.
- Arrive 'swim ready' to the pool with your costume underneath clothing on arrival
- Please arrive no more than 5 - 10 mins before your lesson start time and wait to be invited onto poolside prior to your lesson by our poolside assistant
- Swim hats must be worn for Swim Academy and goggles recommended
- Showers and changing cubicles are available after lessons
If your child is attending our Floaties, Splashers or Kickers classes or is not yet fully toilet trained they must comply with our 'Double Nappy' policy. Please use an approved snug-fitting neoprene (or other similar fabric) swim nappy such as our Puddle Ducks swim nappy. Under this, your child will need a reusable cotton swim nappy with a disposable liner such as our Eco NappyWrap & Liner or a disposable swim nappy.
The design of our Puddle Ducks swim nappy (stretchy neoprene with snug fitting deep waistband and leg cuffs) ensures that all ‘little accidents’ stay inside the nappy with the reusable cotton swim nappy or disposable swim nappy underneath providing an extra layer of protection (and making any ‘accidents’ so much easier to get rid of!).
TIP: A swim nappy needs to be snug around the legs and waist to do its job properly (but not too tight!)
- On arrival access the school via the reception and turn left, following the corridor around to the pool hall where the entrance is sign posted. Please ensure all outdoor shoes are removed before entering onto poolside. Our poolside assistant will let you know when it is time for your lesson and invite you onto poolside in readiness for your lesson.
- No food or drink is allowed on site, which includes the changing rooms and also the poolside areas.
- Please ensure that you take ALL nappies home with you.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during pool hire times.
Cleaning Schedules: Changing rooms are cleaned regularly throughout swimming lesson times
Spectators: Adults are able to spectate on the poolside. There is limited seating space so please be mindful the number of spectators at the pool to be kept to a minimum. Children are able to spectate for childcare purposes. All children below 2.5 years old must be accompanied on poolside by a responsible adult and child spectators remain under the full responsibility of their carer at all times.
Parking: There is free car parking at the school. Parking is located opposite the reception area, also there is plenty of additional parking to the left of the building around the rear. Please note that the school operated a one way system when driving in/ out of the school premises.
- Average Pool temperature: 32.5°C
- Depth: 1.2 - 1.4m
Photography: It is acceptable to carry phones with you and to take photos in 'Splash Time', however, please take great care not to include other children/parents from the class (unless you have their permission) and do not use your phones in the changing rooms. Please request the authorization of any photos being taken during class times by the teacher prior to photos being taken at all times during Swim Academy