All you need to know – Kingsmead School
Bertram Drive, Hoylake, Wirral CH47 0LL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Kingsmead School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The pool is part of the Kingsmead School complex. It is in a separate building located on Carlton Lane, off the A553 Birkenhead Road. There is strictly no car access to the pool building or via Carlton Lane which is a provate road. However swimmers can walk by foot down Carlton Lane to access the swimming pool.
Parking: There is strictly NO visitor parking at Kingsmead School itself. Puddle Ducks customers are specifically requested by the school to park on the main A553 Birkenhead Road, where there is access on foot down Carlton Lane directly to the pool on the right hand side. Parking on Carlton Lane is specifically for residents only which is heavily monitored. Buggies are very welcome to use for the short walk down Carlton Lane from the main road and there is a corridor outside the pool where you can park you buggy safely. The A553 road is just 1 minute walk from the pool with a buggy.
- Please bring a baby changing mat with you, as the changing rooms do not have any baby changing facilities
- Please note that ladies are to use the ‘boys’ changing rooms as there is more space
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Spectators: Spectators are allowed.
Photography: It is acceptable to carry phones with you and to take photos in 'Splash Time' however, please take great care not to include other children/parents from the class (unless you have their permission) and do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Changing rooms: Two large changing rooms for females and males with direct access to pool. Showers are in both the changing rooms and on exit to poolside. Please ensure that you take all nappies home with you.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
- Average Pool temperature: 30°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.3m