All you need to know – Stanley School
Greenbank Drive, Pensby, Wirral CH61 5UE
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Stanley School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful.
Location: Stanley School. The school shares the building with Pensby Primary School, so please ensure you follow directions for the Stanley School entrance whilst keeping to the speed limit.
Parking: Free Car park directly outside school reception.
- Please ensure you always follow the ones way road system.
- Please do not park in disabled parking bays unless you hold a disabled parking badge
- Where possible please arrive to the pool 'swim ready'
If your child is attending our Floaties, Splashers or Kickers classes or is not yet fully toilet trained they must comply with our 'Double Nappy' policy. Please use an approved snug-fitting neoprene (or other similar fabric) swim nappy such as our Puddle Ducks swim nappy. Under this, your child will need a reusable cotton swim nappy with a disposable liner such as our Eco NappyWrap & Liner or a disposable swim nappy.
The design of our Puddle Ducks swim nappy (stretchy neoprene with snug fitting deep waistband and leg cuffs) ensures that all ‘little accidents’ stay inside the nappy with the reusable cotton swim nappy or disposable swim nappy underneath providing an extra layer of protection (and making any ‘accidents’ so much easier to get rid of!).
TIP: A swim nappy needs to be snug around the legs and waist to do its job properly (but not too tight!)
- Please remove all outdoor shoes in the main corridor before entering the pool area.
- Strictly no food allowed on poolside or in the changing rooms.
- Please take ALL nappies home with you. No nappies can be left on site or within the school grounds which is a specific rule and regulation set by the school.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Cleaning Schedules: Changing rooms are cleaned and sanitized every 30mins - 1hour throughout swimming lesson times
Spectators: Due to Covid restrictions being eased one adult spectator is now able to watch lessons on poolside per family. Children are able to spectate for childcare purposes. All children below 2.5 years old must be accompanied on poolside by a responsible adult and child spectators remain under the full responsibility of their carer at all times.
Face Covering: Ideally please wear a face covering whilst in the changing room area before/ after lessons
Photography: It is acceptable to carry phones with you and to take photos in 'Splash Time', however, please take great care not to include other children/parents from the class (unless you have their permission) and do not use your phones in the changing rooms. Please request the authorization of any photos being taken during class times by the teacher prior to photos being taken.
- Average Pool temperature: 31°C
- Depth: 1.2m