All you need to know – Woodlands School Pool
Blenheim Drive, Allestree, Derby, DE22 2LH
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Woodlands School Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Woodlands School Swimming Pool
Parking: As you drive through the school gates, keep right and follow the road around to the left & behind the main sports building (the green one) use the intercom to advise a staff member you are here for Puddle Ducks lessons. You can park directly next to the pool. The gates open automatically to exit the car park
If you arrive on foot please press the intercom at the gates at the bottom of the steps (opposite the disabled Parking bays) to enter the pool. Please contact a staff member in the reception to advise them you are leaving, they will open the gates remotely (there is no way to contact a staff member at the gates, you will need to return to reception)
- On entering reception please remove your shoes and place them on the shoe rack
- The Male changing room is on your immediate left and the Female changing rooms are through the doors on the right
- • A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- A Travel cot is provided in the female & Male changing rooms
- Only one spectator per family swimming please
- Please use the shower poolside before entering the water
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the school grounds
Changing rooms: Large Male and Female changing rooms with benches and pegs for clothing and lockers are provided too
Exclusivity: Puddle have exclusive use of the pool Access: Spectators can sit poolside. Seating is provided
Pool temperature: 30 – 31 Deg C (Babies 12 months and under will need a baby westuit , you can purchase these from our online shop
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant but lifeguards are present
Depth: 0.7 to 1.7m
Maximum class ratios:
- 8/9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Play Park
Lots to do here including a mini steam train, paddling pool, 2 large play areas, Lake, Paint a Pot, Café’s and shops too
Lots of café’s available in the Park Farm Shopping Centre
Closest soft play
Award winning Hickory Dickory’s is just a few minutes away, please click on the link for directions, situated near the Kingsway Reatil Park.