All you need to know – Epworth Swimming Pool
Burnham Road, Epworth, Doncaster, DN9 1BZ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Epworth Swimming Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Epworth Swimming Pool
Parking: Parking is available in the main car park, also used by the leisure centre. Please do not park in any disabled bays and take care when walking to the pool.
- Please refrain from eating messy snacks in the changing areas so we can keep them as clean as possible.
- The register will be left poolside or at reception for customers to sign in.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing Rooms: There are mixed sex changing rooms with individual cubicles and lockers. There are also separate changing areas for males and females.
Please try not to arrive more than 15 mins before the start of your class to assist with changing rooms not becoming too overcrowded and aim to leave no more than 15 mins after your lesson has ended.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool for most sessions, however, at times where this is not possible we have a large section of the pool.
Access: Through the pool main entrance. Spectators enter in the same way. The pool entrance is not through the Leisure Centre. Please go through the entrance located to the right of the Leisure Centre to gain access.
- Pool Temperature: Minimum 30° C. The water should be warm enough for most babies, except very young Floaties or children that feel the cold. For these, we recommend the use of a baby warmer.
- Poolside Assistant: There is no poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.5m. Classes will be taught in the shallower end of the pool.
- Maximum Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 Teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers, so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There are several cafes located in Epworth, including Hatty’s Tea Room and the Lemon Tree tea-rooms at the Holmes and Gardens Centre, which serves an excellent value lunch menu, catering well for the little ones.
There are several outdoor play parks in Epworth, the nearest being at King’s Head Croft
Closest Soft play:
Dandi’s offers lots of fun with your little one, with a dedicated under five’s area and clean, safe baby zone. Enjoy 50% discount on entry when you use your Puddle Ducks Loyalty Card.
Other Local Attractions:
Nearby Normanby Hall has large gardens for summer picnics following your class and an outdoor play area, plus train rides to keep the little ones entertained.