Baby & Pre-School Lessons Available Now!
All you need to know – John Whitgift Academy
Crosland Road, Grimsby, DN37 9EH
What3words Link: https://w3w.co/robes.bangle.dads
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE AT JOHN WHITGIFT POOL document and watch the video above BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the John Whitgift Academy – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: John Whitgift Academy
Parking: Ample parking is available in the Academy car park.
- Please only park in marked bays and do not park in disabled bays. Take care when walking from the car park into the pool. Although the pool hire time is outside of school hours, there may still be cars on the access/site roads.
- You may to wait for access on arrival, please be patient. We will keep checking the door.
- SRTICTLY ONE SPECTATOR PER CHILD
- Please refrain from eating messy snacks in the changing areas so we can keep them as clean as possible.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing Rooms: There are spacious male and female changing rooms. There are no lockers available but belongings can be hung up on the hooks whilst swimming. (Please don’t leave your belongings on seats or benches). The pool and changing rooms are secure and cannot be freely accessed and access is via a fob system only. However, we would advise against bringing any valuables with you to the pool. Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. Please try not to arrive more than 15 minutes before the start of your class to assist with changing room congestion.
A play pen is provided in each changing room so customers should feel free to use this to keep little ones safe whilst changing.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the teaching pool during the hire time.
Access: Through the pool entrance. Customers will be met at the door by a member of Puddle Ducks staff who will direct you to the changing areas and pool.
- Pool Temperature: Approx. 32°C. Very young or premature babies may need a baby warmer. Older babies should not require thermal clothing.
- Poolside Assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this pool who can assist with any queries.
- Depth: 0.8m graduating to 1.0m
- Maximum Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers and Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers, so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
- The Jubilee Inn is nearby for great value pub food.
- Time 4 Play offers a huge play centre with 3 level play zone in the centre of Grimsby and is open every day from 9.30pm until 6.30pm! Perfect if your little one still has the energy! They also have some Toddler activities throughout the week such as Bearobics and Crafty Time.
- The Magical Castle - Pay just £1 entry for your child during their fab toddler sessions (9.30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, term time only). A safe and friendly soft play centre for children, with a dedicated area suitable for pre-school children below 90cm in height.
Other Local Attractions:
- Elsham Garden’s & Country Park is not far away and has a great adventure playground and regular family events.