Swimming is a journey, not a destination and here at Swim Academy, we learn and have fun all the way! Download the image below and find out how we'll take your little one from 'happy getting their faces wet' to 'swimming 100m using 3 different strokes'!
We are continually evolving and improving our programmes in line with new research and guidance on swimming and child development as and when it becomes available but also in line with what we learn internally about our swimmers and the way they progress through our programmes. As experts in teaching babies, toddlers and pre-school children to swim, we have this unique insight into child development and have integrated our findings into Swim Academy, our programme for 4-10 year olds.
The programme has been running and developing for 10 years. Our lesson plans are accredited by the leading international swimming body, STA. We continually listen to our customers and as a result have recently aligned the programme more closely with the ASA Stages (children who are taught in local authority lessons are graded against these stages) – this means you as a parent have a direct comparison as to what stage your child is at compared to their peers.
Technically, we focus on beautiful swimming and the right technique. Our programme deconstructs each stroke in a unique way.
- LET'S BE AWESOME. We train, we teach, we continue to learn at the highest level, so that your children are taught in the best possible way, from their first class to their graduation.
- LET'S KEEP IT SMALL. Our close-knit class sizes mean all children get the right level of support to suit their age. Small enough to nurture; large enough to let go.
- LET'S GET THERE. We set clear targets and meet them. Track the progress of your superstar swimmer through your online account and follow their progress every step of the way.
- LET'S DO IT. Everyone deserves to be rewarded. We'll congratulate the duckling that splashes for A to B as enthusiastically as the graceful swan that masters all the strokes.
- LET'S HAVE FUN. Children learn through experience, fun and some repetition. Practice makes perfect. We keep our classes fun, lively, varied and exciting to help your child stay engaged and challenged in the water.
- LET'S OWN IT. We don't knock children down, we build them up. Our strokes are deconstructed so that nothing is ever 'wrong' because they've always started out right.