Spindles, Grand Burstin Hotel, FOLKESTONE
Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Spindles, Grand Burstin Hotel: A Folkestone based spacious swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy classes. Weekend and midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth, toddlers and children up to the age of 10 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at the Grand Burstin Hotel! Sign-up to swimming lessons at Spindles, Grand Burstin Hotel!
Location: Spindles Health & Leisure Club, Grand Burstin Hotel, Marine Parade, The Harbour, Folkestone, CT20 1TX
Parking & Directions: Free parking for 3 hours in the main hotel car park. Please register your car's registration plate at Spindles reception each time you swim.
If you are approaching from Ashford, follow M20 and exit at junction 13. Follow A260 to the Harbour.
From Dover, continue on B2011 New Dover Road and bear left onto A260 Dover Road. At the roundabout take the 1st exit, and then turn left to stay on A260 Harbour Street. Approach Spindles on the right.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- Please note that customers are permitted to change their children, and themselves, poolside if you wish.
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
- Poolside Assistant: Spindles provide a Poolside Assistant each week.
- Pool Temp: 29.5°C - 31°C. Younger babies/toddlers may benefit from using a body-warmer when swimming here.
- Pool Dimensions: 12m by 6m.
- Depth: 0.7m - 1.4m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Max Swim Academy Class Ratios: 8 children: 2 teacher.
- Max Aquanatal Class Ratios: 20 customers: 1 teacher.
- Access: Integrated steps and handrail in the shallow end; ladder in the deep end.
Pool accessibility: Access through the carpark and hotel reception area is flat, however changing rooms are on a different level to the pool and are accessed by a step. This pool has a freeboard, and ladders and integrated steps into the water. There are a number of seats poolside to spectate.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: There are male and female changing rooms available, both with lockers (£1, returned after use), benches and space poolside to change babies/children too.
Exclusivity: Only Puddle Ducks customers will use the pool during hire times; however, Spindles members may still use the sauna. Puddle Ducks is the only Swimming Lesson provider to run lessons here.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Spindles, Grand Burstin Hotel! Book your space now!