Sutton Valence School, nr MAIDSTONE
Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Sutton Valence School: A spacious swimming pool in Sutton Valence, near Maidstone and close to Leeds Castle, from which we run our Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy swimming lessons. Weekend classes here are suitable for toddlers from 15 months to children at Primary School up to the age of 10 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Sutton Valence School! Sign-up to swimming lessons at Sutton Valence School!
Location: Sutton Valence School, Sutton Valence, Maidstone, ME17 3HL.
Parking & Directions: Please park in the main car park as you enter the grounds and walk up the short slope to the pool. Please do not park directly outside the pool unless there is no space in the main car park. Please avoid parking in the reserved spaces, such as the Headteacher's space.
From Maidstone, follow A249 Andrew Broughton Way, and then bear left on to A20. Turn right onto Willington Street and follow for 2 miles until you approach Sutton Road. At the roundabout, take first exit and keep right to stay on A274. School lane will be on your left.
From Ashford, take M20 for around 12 miles. Take exit signposted A20/ Ashford Road and turn right onto Penfold Hill. Turn left onto A272, and after 1 mile turn left onto school lane.
From Headcorn/ Tenterden, take the A274 Sutton Road north. As you approach Sutton Valence Village, the school is on the right hand side.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 28°C - 30°C. Younger babies / toddlers may benefit from using a body-warmer when swimming here.
- Pool Dimensions: 25m by 12m.
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.8m. Baby & Pre-School lessons are roped off at 1.4 metres.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Max Swim Academy Class Ratios: 8 children: 2 teacher.
Pool accessibility: Access to the venue is via steps or a ramp. The changing rooms are on the same level as the pool, however there is a footbath between the changing room and the pool. The pool can be accessed from both the changing facilities or the main entrance. There are seats poolside and in the viewing gallery. This is a deck level pool with ladders to enter and exit.
Spectators: The pool has a first floor viewing gallery for spectators, as well as a long bench poolside.
Changing Rooms: The pool has large, separate male and female changing rooms with direct access to the pool and toilets showers in each. There is also a disabled changing room poolside.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Sutton Valence! Book your space now!