Don't forget that from Monday 7th November 2016 it is our Charity Pyjama Week: teaching invaluable personal survival skills and raising money for Pilgrims Hospices - all while having fun!
In your lessons, all children (some assisted!) will take part in a sponsored 5 metre swim in their pyjamas! Details on how to donate and a link to our Sponsorship Form are below.
What our Pyjama Week teaches:
- If accidents happen, often it's when fully clothed. We strongly believe it's our duty to ensure that our swimmers know what it feels like to be in water while wearing clothes
- Even just this short experience will help them to realise that even though they feel heavier, they can still do those all-important reactions of kicking to the surface, turning and reaching for the side
- We do all of this while making sure your child has lots of fun!
Raising money for a great cause...
Once a year, we choose a fantastic charity to raise money and awareness for. This year, your Puddle Duck could raise sponsorship for Pilgrims Hospices. Here's how:
- We will ask for voluntary donations of £2 per child to come to class in pyjamas (collected at the pool)
- We'd love your child to collect sponsorship for completing a personal survival lesson plan in their pyjamas, and a 5 metre swim (please note that this will not count towards a 5 metre badge, as the children will all be swimming together and some will be assisted by you as adults!). Please download a sponsorship form here
- The child who raises the most money wins a prize from Puddle Ducks Head Office!
How to donate the money you raise:
- Go to our Just Giving Page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/PuddleDucksKent
- Click on the Donate button
- Put in the value of the donation/sponsorship money raised
- Add a message
- In the "Name" box, please enter the name of the child
- Follow the payment instructions on screen to complete the donation
- We thank you in advance for your support during our fundraising week
We thank you in advance for your support during our fundraising week!