Abbey Court School, Strood
Baby & Pre-School lessons available
🎄 Now taking bookings to start in JANUARY 2020! 🎄
To BOOK into these classes, click here!
Please note: Access to the car park is from 15:45 onwards only (to allow School traffic to exit first)
All you need to know about Abbey Court School: A Strood based hydrotherapy swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming classes. Midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth and toddlers. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Abbey Court School, Strood!
Location: Rede Court Road, Strood, Kent. ME2 3SP
Parking & Directions: The School has a large free car park. Enter the school via the main school doors and sign-in on the clipboard on the Reception desk. Immediately on your left there is a door which will lead you straight into the pool area.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Poolside Assistant here.
- Pool Temp: 33°C - 35°C - hydrotherapy pool.
- Pool Dimensions: 11m by 7m.
- Depth: 1.15m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Spectators: There is space for family and friends to watch these classes.
Pool accessibility: The outside access to the pool is a flat surface, and the changing facilities are on the same level as the pool. The pool is deck level with two lots of integrated steps with hand rails to enter the pool. Please be aware that whilst there is plenty of room poolside to spectate, seating is not provided.
Changing Rooms: Large separate male and female changing rooms. Direct access to the pool from the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this large pool during lesson times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Abbey Court School!