Ashford Friars Prep School, Ashford
Baby & Pre-School and Aquanatal swimming lessons available
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about Ashford Friars Prep School: An Ashford based large swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School and Aquanatal swimming lessons. Weekend classes here are suitable for babies from 6 months old, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old and mums-to-be at any stage of their pregnancy. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Ashford Friars Prep. School!
Location: Ashford Road, Great Chart, Ashford, Kent, TN23 3DJ. If approaching from the M20, take junction 9 and turn down the A28, signposted 'Great Chart'.
Parking & Directions: There is lots of free parking in the main car park of the school. Once parked, head to the pathway at the top of the carpark, which leads around to the side of the pool. Follow the pathway all the way around and then down the steps into the building. The pool is in a building with a clear roof and is visible from the carpark.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- A few changing mats are provided by Puddle Ducks, as the changing rooms do not have any baby changing facilities. You are welcome to bring your own change mat, if you prefer.
- Please note there are large, separate male and female changing rooms downstairs. Both changing rooms have 2 showers and 2 individual cubicals in each, as well as a large communal changing area with benches.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 29°C - 30°C. It is recommended that younger Puddle Ducks wear bodywarmers at this pool.
- Pool Dimensions: 20m by 8m
- Depth: 1.1m - 1.6m (the pool is roped off at 1.4 metres).
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: There are a number of steps up to the pool and the changing rooms which are on the same level.This is a deck level pool which can also be accessed via a ladder. There is seating poolside to spectate.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Separate male and female changing rooms, both downstairs. There are two individual cubicles, two individual showers and a large communal changing area in both changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lesson times. There are two classes taking place at once at this pool.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms).
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Ashford Friars Prep School!