DW Fitness, Canterbury
Baby & Pre-School and Aquanatal swimming lessons available
All you need to know about DW Fitness Canterbury: A Canterbury based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons and Aquanatal classes. Midweek ad evening classes here are suitable for babies from 6 months, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old and mums-to-be (in any stage of their pregnancy). Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at DW Fitness, Canterbury!
Location: Maybrook Retail Park, Vauxhall Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1ZG
Parking & Directions: The club has a large free car park.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- The club has a lovely onsite café serving drinks and food for after class. A great way to socialise!
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is no Poolside Assistant here but Health Club staff are on hand to help
- Pool Temp: 30°C - 31°C. It is recommended that children wear bodywarmers/sunsuits/wetsuits for classes here.
- Pool Dimensions: A marked area of the large section of the pool.
- Depth: 1.3m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Max Aquanatal Class Ratios: 20 customers: 1 teacher.
Spectators: Spectators are not allowed at DW Sports. This is because the health club does not have a spectating area and members are still using the pool during our class times so the club cannot allow people to congregate poolside. There is an onsite café for people to wait in.
Changing Rooms: Large separate male and female changing rooms with showers and lockers. Direct access to the pool from the changing rooms. Puddle Ducks will have a large allocated area in the changing rooms. There are lockers available and lots of individual shower cubicles too.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has a large section of the pool during class times. Health club members will be swimming in the other areas in the pool (one swimming lane dedicated to members).
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at DW Fitness Canterbury!