Hilltop Primary Academy, Rochester
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
To book into these classes, click here!
All you need to know about Hilltop Primary Academy: A Rochester based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Weekend classes here are suitable for babies from 6 months old, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Hilltop Primary Academy!
Location: Hilltop Primary Academy, Hilltop Road, Frindsbury, Rochester, ME2 4QN.
Parking & Directions: Please park in the main school car park. Access to the pool is not through the school – park in the school car park, then (on foot) walk out of the car park back to Hilltop Road, turn left and walk parallel to the playground until you reach a gate on the left. Walk through the gate and up the path until you reach the main entrance door to the swimming pool.
From Sittingbourne, follow M2 and exit at junction 1 and continue on A289. Take B2000 exit towards Wainscott/ Cliffe and then turn right onto Lower Rochester Road. At the first roundabout takefirst exit, and at the second roundabout the second exit onto Cooling Road. Turn left onto Hilltop Road, the school is on your left.
From Gravesend, follow A228 and merge onto Hasted Road A289. Take B2000 towards Wainscott/ Cliffe, and follow directions detailed above.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- Please take all nappies and swim nappies home with you. Your Teacher can provide you with a nappy bag on request.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant
- Pool Temp: 28°C - 30°C. Younger babies / toddlers may benefit from using a body-warmer when swimming here.
- Pool Dimensions: 20m by 8m.
- Depth: 0.8m sloping to 1.8m. For Baby & Pre-School lessons, pool is roped off at 1.4m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Access: Ladder in the shallow end and the deep end.
Pool accessibility: Entrance into the venue is flat, at the top of a very slightly hilled-pathway. There is one step to access the pool from the venue entrance and changing facilities. This pool is a tank pool with a freeboard and is entered and exited via a ladder. There is plenty of room poolside for spectators, however seating is limited.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Separate male and female changing rooms, as well as a separate disabled changing room.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Hilltop Primary Academy!