New Beach Holiday Park, Dymchurch
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about New Beach Holiday Park: A Dymchurch based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Weekend classes here are suitable for babies from 6 months old, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at New Beach Holiday Park!
Location: New Beach Holiday Park, Hythe Road, Dymchurch, Kent. TN29 0JX.
Parking & Directions: Please park in the main car park outside the swimming pool. The building with the swimming pool is clearly marked with a sign, visible from Hythe Road.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- Please take all nappies and swim nappies home with you or dispose of correctly in the nappy bin provided. Your Teacher can also provide you with a nappy bag on request.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a qualified Lifeguard on-duty at this pool (provided by New Beach Holiday Park).
- Pool Temp: 28°C - 30°C. Younger babies / toddlers may benefit from using a body-warmer when swimming here.
- Pool Dimensions: 23m by 12m (classes take place in a section of the pool, leaving the rest of the pool open to holiday makers).
- Depth: 1m sloping to 1.6m. For Baby & Pre-School lessons, pool is roped off at 1.4m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Access: Integrated steps in the shallow end and ladders in the deep end.
Spectators: There is plenty of space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Unisex changing area: separate cubicles. Also a designated baby changing area and a few changing cubicles poolside. 3 toilets in the changing areas.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a section of the pool during hire times - the remainder of the pool is open to holiday makers.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at New Beach Holiday Park!