Sheldon Spa, Faversham
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about Sheldon Spa: A warm, swimming pool located between Faversham and Ashford in the beautiful village of Sheldwich; at the award-winning Spa, from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Midweek classes here are suitable for babies from birth, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Sheldon Spa!
Location: Lees Court Road, Sheldwich, Faversham, Kent. ME13 0LU.
Parking & Directions: Customers are asked to park in the Church car park which is a short walk around the corner, as the Spa parking is reserved for Spa customers only. Please do not park on the road outside the Spa.
From Faversham and the A2, follow the A2 coast bound until turning onto the A251 (signposted M2). Take this road (carry on past the M2 slip roads) ands follow road south to Sheldwich. The Church is on the left hand side.
From Ashford take A251 north towards Faversham. As you enter Sheldwich, Lees Court Road is the first turning on the right.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- The floor here is extremely slippery when wet, please hold the hand of young children when poolside. Outdoor shoes are not permitted poolside, but you are welcome to bring a change of shoes (such as flip-flops) to wear poolside, if you wish.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 32°C.
- Pool Dimensions: Kidney shaped pool – 3m by 10m.
- Depth: 1.3m
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: Access to the pool building is across a gravel driveway and a step down. Changing facilities are one step down from the level of the pool. The pool has a freeboard and there are integrated steps, with a handrail, into the pool. There are plenty of seats poolside for spectators.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes. Please do not allow children to climb onto the window sills.
Changing Rooms: There is one changing room with an open changing area and four, curtained changing cubicles.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the Spa pool during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Sheldon Spa!