The Beacon, Folkestone
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
To enquire about classes, click here!
All you need to know about The Beacon: A Folkestone based hydrotherapy swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming classes. Weekend classes here are suitable for babies from birth and toddlers up to the age of 5 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at The Beacon, Folkestone!
Location: Park Farm Road, Folkestone, Kent. CT19 5DN.
From Ashford, take M20 for 13.6 miles and take slip road left. At the roundabout, take the third exit on to A259. Three roundabouts follow; take 1st exit, then 2nd exit and then 1st exit on to Park Farm Road. The venue is on the right.
From Dover, leave A256 towards A20 and turn right onto Townwall Street. Keep left to stay on A20 Snargate Street, and pass through 3 roundabouts. At junction 13, take slip road left towards Folkestone. As the roundabout take 1st exit onto Churchill Avenue, then 2nd exit at next roundabout, and 1st exit at the third roundabout on to Park Farm Road.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 33°C - 36°C - Hydrotherapy Pool.
- Pool Dimensions: 6m by 4m.
- Depth: 1.15m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 6 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: The access outside of The Beacon is flat, and the changing facilities are on the same level as the pool. This pool has a freeboard, with integrated steps to get into the water. There is a separate disabled toilet and some seating poolside.
Spectators: There is space for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Large communal changing rooms. Direct access to the pool from the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos during Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at The Beacon!