The Duke of York Royal Military School, Dover
Baby & Pre-School, Swim Academy and Aquanatal swimming lessons available
To book your space in these classes, click here!
All you need to know about The Duke of York Royal Military School: A Dover based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School, Swim Academy and Aquanatal swimming classes. Weekend classes here are suitable for babies from birth and Children up to the age of 10 years old, as well as Aquanatal classes for Mums-to-be. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at The Duke of York Royal Military School, Dover!
Location: A258, Dover, Kent. CT15 5EQ
From Folkestone, take A20, and remain on this road for 7 miles (passing through 4 roundabouts). Turn left onto A256 Woolcomber Street, and then turn right onto A258. The Royal Military School is a private road on your left.
From Canterbury, take A28 towards Wincheap, and then follow signs for A2 towards Channel Tunnel/ Dover. At the roundabout, take the second exit and then third exit on to A258. After 0.3 miles bear right onto the private road, which leads to Duke of York Royal Military School.
When you are approaching the Military School, you will follow the private road up to a gatehouse, where security staff will point you in the direction of the pool. The carpark that you will use is right next to a huge rock-climbing wall, it's hard to miss!
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 30°C - 33°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 25m by 12m.
- Depth: 1m - 2.1m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
- Max Swim Academy Class Ratios: 4 children: 1 teacher or 8 children: 2 Teachers (Levels 1 and 2). 8 children: 1 Teacher or 12 children: 2 Teachers (Levels 3 and 4).
- Max Aquanatal Class Ratios: 20 Mums-to-be: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: There is a step into the venue to access from outside. The changing facilities are on the same level as the pool, but please note that there are foot baths between the pool and the changing facilities. This pool has a 33cm freeboard and two ladders into the water. Seating poolside is very close to the pool edge, and there is a seating gallery upstairs over-looking the pool.
Spectators: There is space for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: Large separate male and female changing rooms. Direct access to the pool from the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this large pool during lesson times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at The Duke of York Royal Military School!