William Harvey Hospital, Ashford
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
All you need to know about the William Harvey Hospital: An Ashford based warm, hydrotherapy swimming pool within the physiotherapy unit at the hospital, from which we run our Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons. Midweek and weekend classes here are suitable for babies from birth, toddlers and children up to the age of 5 years old. Our expert swimming Teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at William Harvey Hospital!
Location: Located in hydrotherapy pool of the physiotherapy unit within the grounds of the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford.
Parking & Directions: If approaching from M20, William Harvey Hospital is at junction 10. Follow Kennington Road until you get to the first mini-round and turn right.
Coming from Ashford centre, follow the A292 towards the river and junction 10 of the M20.
There is pay and display parking at the William Harvey Hospital. Customers must pay and display within hospital grounds or risk a fine. The residential streets surrounding the hospital have two-hour free parking if you wish to park here and walk in. Please note that there is no room for buggy storage at the pool.
The hydrotherapy pool is located in the physiotherapy department. Please enter the hospital through the doors to the Elizabeth Browne Unit (the old Arundel Unit) and then proceed to the left into the Elizabeth Browne unit itself. There will be a phone number on the door and on your directions to call for access if the door is locked, which it will be out of hours. Please ensure you have a mobile phone with you to contact the Poolside Assistant should the door be locked.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All nappies and swim nappies must be taken home and not left at the pool. Nappy bags are provided by your Puddle Ducks Teacher, if needed.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant.
- Pool Temp: 34°C - 35°C.
- Pool Dimensions: 6m by 8m.
- Depth: 1.3m.
- Max Pre-School Class Ratios: 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher.
Pool accessibility: The venue can be accessed via ramps, and access from outside is a flat surface. The changing facilities are on the same level as the pool, and there are also separate disabled changing rooms. The pool is deck-levelled on ones side, and there are integrated steps to access the pool. There is seating poolside.
Spectators: There is space poolside for family and friends to watch these classes.
Changing Rooms: A large communal changing area is available with areas which can be separated by curtains where desired.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing room.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at the William Harvey Hospital!