All you need to know – West Grinstead Swimming Academy
Cowfold Road, West Grinstead, West Sussex, RH13 8LU (near Horsham)
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the West Grinstead Swimming Academy – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: West Grinstead Swimming Academy (near Horsham) www.wgsa.co.uk
Parking: Free off street parking is available on site exclusively for those visiting the pool.
- To avoid congestion in the changing rooms please do not enter the changing rooms more than 15 minutes before your class and please exit within 15 minutes of the end of your class
- No outdoor shoes are permitted in the changing area and poolside, we advise you bring pool shoes with you if you are a regular customer, shoe covers are available for spectators
- Please do not come on to poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion poolside
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool - there are a number of showers poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- To keep our facilities as clean as possible no nappy bins are available - please take your nappies home in a nappy sack
- Please leave car seats and pushchairs in the car
- Strictly no eating, drinking or smoking on the premises (only water and baby milk is permitted)
- An approved well fitting neoprene swim nappy, or similar fabric must be worn with a reusable eco-friendly Nappy Wrap & Liner underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers, Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Swimming Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat and spare towel so that you have a dry comfortable surface to change your baby. The antibacterial neoprene baby changing mats are perfect and can go in the washing machine
- You can find lots more useful information about our swim classes on our FAQ's page
Changing rooms: Separate male and female changing rooms with storage boxes and clothes pegs available
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times
Spectators: Spectators are allowed, however, we kindly ask that there is no more than one per child to reduce crowding and noise in the pool hall
Access: Via the pool entrance directly off of the carpark
- Pool temperature: 31ºC
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Poolside assistant: A Puddle Ducks member of staff is poolside during classes and will be happy to answer any questions on arrival
Directions: The pool is located in West Grinstead, easily accessible from the A272 (Cowfold Road) in between Haywards Heath and Horsham, with dedicated access from the main road. Look out for the blue Puddle Ducks sign next to entrance gate
Helping you to make your special time last even longer….that’s the Puddle Ducks difference.
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Play parks nearby:
Southwater Country Park in Southwater - with a cafe and visitor centre, dinosaur park, watersports, fishing and cycling
Little Bean Cafe in Cowfold - a great option for coffee and cake, breakfast and lunch
Old Barn Garden Centre on the A24 - a coffee shop / restaurant and a soft play centre opening soon in Summer 2020
The Orchard Restaurant on the A272 (Cowfold Road) - offering a great selection of food and beverages any time of the day