PRESCHOOL LESSONS TO START HERE IN SEPTEMBER 2023
All you need to know – Bettridge School
Warden Hill Road, Cheltenham GL51 3AT
There are parking spaces on site
- Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the 6m x 10m pool space for their lessons.
- Pool temperature here is 30-32 degrees.
- The pool is a constant depth of 1.2m
- There is a Poolside Assistant here for our preschool lessons.
- No food to be eaten in the changing rooms
- Baby and Pre-School: a well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or an environmentally friendly Nappy Wrap & Liner underneath, if your child is in Splashers, Kickers or not yet fully potty/toilet trained. We recommend one of our great value Baby Swimming Kits, which contain the swim lesson essentials at a fantastic price.
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories in our online shop.
- Our online shop stocks a fantastic kids swimwear collection plus super useful bags, towels, changing mats and much, much more!
We are not able to allow any additional people at your class, other than your child and the one adult who’ll accompany them. Unfortunately this does include siblings. One parent / carer will be able to watch poolside during the Swim Academy lessons.
Please do not enter the pool area any earlier than 10 minutes before your lesson starts.
Entering the building
Enter the building through the double doors. Please ensure all shoes are removed and left in the lobby area.
You and your child (where possible) should arrive swim-ready at the venue i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks on underneath your clothes. Changing rooms and toilets will be available, but this will help avoid congestion in these areas.
We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons. In these circumstances to minimise time in changing rooms, we would suggest adult arrives swim ready in order that there is just one person to dress.
Please note the use of showers is not permitted and we therefore ask all customers to shower at home before and after they swim. This will speed up the exit process and lead to less congestion.
We advise that you bring easy, comfortable clothing for your child – items like onesies might be easiest for children to get changed quickly and keep them warm.
Swim Academy children are to change with their parent in the parents gender appropriate changing room, until aged 8 when they should change in their own gender appropriate changing room.
Entering the pool area
Please wait poolside until the teacher calls you forward for your lesson. Please keep children under supervision whilst you are waiting for the lesson to start.
You can find lots of additional useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.