All you need to know – The Royal Gloucester Hospital
Physiotherapy Department, Great Western Road, Gloucester, GL1 3NN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The RGH – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Gloucester Royal Hospital
- Parking is Pay and Display. The closest car park is Orchard Car Park, however the largest car park is the Tower Multi-Storey
- Parking costs from £2.40 per hour. Please have correct change as Orchard Car Park does not give change or take card payments
- Free parking may be available on the roads, about 5 minutes walk from the hospital
- How to find us from Orchard Car Park:
- Use the Therapy entrance opposite the car park. Once you have entered the building, go through the first set of double doors on your right -there will be a Puddle Ducks sign here so you know you are in the right place! The changing rooms are on your right hand side.
- How to find us from Tower Car Park or the main hospital entrance:
- Make your way to the main hospital entrance. Once you enter the building walk down the main corridor (do not go to the reception desk which will be on your right when you enter). You will reach an atrium with a shop and café. Physiotherapy department is straight ahead and sign posted. Go past the reception desk and toilets and take the set of double doors to your left (there will be a Puddle Ducks sign so you know you are in the right place). The changing rooms are on your right hand side and you can leave a buggy, folded down, in the corridor through the double doors
- Please allow 10 – 15 minutes for this journey from Tower Car Park
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please note that we are restricted by the hospital to 15 minutes changing time before and after classes. Therefore, please come prepared for this (wearing a swimming costume really helps!)
- Please take all nappies home with you - the Hospital is very strict on this
- We have 2 good sized changing rooms for female groups and 2 smaller changing rooms for males, which are signposted accordingly
- Belongings are safe to be left in the changing rooms out of lockers, but do bring any valuables poolside
- If you wish to use a locker in the changing rooms, you will need to bring your own padlock
- Please shower before entering the pool
- For safety reasons we do not recommend you change babies / children on the benches.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during class times
Access: Spectators are welcome, though please note there is no seating available poolside
- Pool temperature: 34-35°C
- Poolside assistant: A Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant is on hand to help
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest café: There is a café in the hospital atrium, near the main hospital entrance
Closest play park: Gloucester Park is only a few minutes drive from the hospital
Other local attractions: