All you need to know – The Shrubberies School
The Shrubberies School, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, GL10 2DG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Shrubberies School – please be aware that in accordance with current COVID restrictions and law some of the rules regarding changing, procedures and spectators will have changed. Up to date information will be emailed to you upon booking. Please ask if you'd like it sent through prior to booking a place.
Location: The Shrubberies School
Parking: Free in the large school car park. Disabled bays may also be used. Please do not park in the church opposite.
- The pool can be found to the left of the school. Follow the path to the left of the car park gate, round to the pool building
- Once you have entered the building, please use the hand gel provided and take the door on your left
- Please remove your shoes at the benches and WAIT here for our Poolside Assistant to bring you poolside to change for your lesson (Please note you need to arrive SWIM READY with costumes under clothing as changing rooms are only available at the end of classes)
- Please note, all door handles are higher up, out of reach for pupils
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson? Please note we cannot lend these to swimmers during COVID restrictions, therefore if you do not have one you will be unable to swim.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- The changing rooms will only be available at the end of lessons to adhere to social distancing laws.
- Please do not eat or drink in the changing rooms as some of the school children have severe allergies
- Please take all nappies home with you
- Please shower at home before and after lessons, to reduce time at the pool.
- Please bring one back which will fit yours and your child's clothing, as you'll remove outer layers poolside and the bag will be stored poolside during class. We'd recommend easy to put on, loose clothing for ease!
- For safety reasons we do not recommend you change babies / children on the benches.
Exclusivity: Spectators are not permitted during COVID restrictions.
- Pool temperature: 32 - 34°c
- Our lovely Poolside Assistant, Lucy, will be on hand to help you
- Depth: 0.75 graduating to 1.18m
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher