All you need to know – Wycliffe Prep School
Ryeford Hall, Ebley Road, Stonehouse, Stroud, GL10 2LD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Wycliffe Prep School– in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Wycliffe Prep School
Parking: There is a large car park at the school which all Puddle Ducks swimmers are able to use.
- If coming from J13 M5 drive past Wycliffe secondary school on left hand side, continue straight over roundabouts until you come to Wycliffe Prep School on your right hand side. Please use Gate 19 Car Park, which is opposite the dental practice
- Walk past the coloured preschool fence and enter the grounds through the metal gate. A Puddle Ducks AFrame will be displayed in order that you know you are in the right place!
- Continue straight, past the grass on your right and red brick building on your left. The swimming pool building is immediately after this building, on the left.
- There are 7 steps down to the pool building, but also a path to the far end of the building which guides around the front of the building, meaning buggies are possible. Please store buggies in the entrance hall, folded down.
- Male and female changing rooms, with benches and pegs but no lockers so please do keep your clothing tidy and together. Bring any valuables poolside.
- Swim Academy and Preschool lessons run simultaneously at this pool.
- Please take all nappies home with you.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You will be given a hat at your first lesson. For information, you can view our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
- Spectators are allowed at this pool, however seating is limited therefore please be mindful of other spectators who may need the seats more than yourself.
- There is a large window outside of the pool hall, where it would be safe to watch with younger, adventurous siblings who don't like to sit still (the poolside area is narrow and therefore not suitable for siblings who like to wander!)
- There are 7 steps down to the pool building, however a path runs around the front of the building from the far end of the building, if steps are difficult for you. Pushchairs can be left in the lobby area if required - please fold down.
Pool temperature: 29 – 30°C
Poolside assistant: We have a Poolside Assistant at this pool who will be happy to help and answer any questions you may have.
Depth: 1m - 2.5m (preschool sessions to be roped off at 1.4m)
Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 4 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy – Levels 1 & 2)
- 8 children: 1 teachers (Swim Academy – Levels 3, 4, 5 & 6)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.