All you need to know – The Shrubberies School
The Shrubberies School, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, GL10 2DG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Shrubberies School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The Shrubberies School
Parking: Free in the large school car park. Disabled bays may also be used. Please do not park in the church opposite.
- The pool can be found to the left of the school. Follow the path to the left of the car park gate, round to the pool building
- Once you have entered the building take the door on your left
- Please remove your shoes at the benches
- Please note, all door handles are higher up, out of reach for pupils
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please do not eat or drink in the changing rooms as some of the school children have severe allergies
- Please take all nappies home with you
- There are showers poolside - please shower before entering the pool
- Please bring any valuables to the poolside and store other items under the benches if possible to keep the changing rooms tidy
Exclusivity: Spectators are welcome, though please use the blue overshoes provided or remove shoes, before you go to the poolside. The poolside is extremely warm so we'd recommend bringing some water and wearing layers so you don't get too hot
- Pool temperature: 32 - 34°c
- Our lovely Poolside Assistant, Fiona, will be on hand to help you
- Depth: 0.75 graduating to 1.18m
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest café: There are cafés in Stonehouse town centre, which is only 5 minutes away
Closest play park: About 2 minutes walk from The Shrubberies, just under the railway bridge on the right hand side
Closest soft play: At Blooms garden centre which is about 10 minutes drive towards Standish and Junction 12 of the M5 motorway.