Woohoo the holidays are fast approaching!!
Are you planning a holiday or a day trip filled with water activities?
If so, then now is the perfect time to give you some tips on how to keep enjoying swimming safely away from our classes, especially when you are on holiday and how you can make sure your little ones keep hold of and gain more confidence during their holidays away from their Puddle Ducks Teacher. Here are our top tips for swimming safely on holiday:
1) Stay safe!
- Check the safety arrangements of any water-based activities and see if there is lifeguard cover and read and listen to any warning signs you find.
- Swim with any children in your care – it’s more fun and you can keep them close and safe.
- Understand your swimming environment – especially how the depth changes.
- Inflatable dinghies and lilos are a well-known hazard and can easily be blown out to sea. Don’t use them in open water.
- Do the activities and exercises you usually do in class.
- Don’t use buoyancy aids which you don’t use in class (such as arm bands) as this can confuse your child and potentially undermine their confidence. If you use them in lessons, stick to woggles.
- Don’t work too hard to progress… holidays are not the place to “push”.
- Mix periods of practice with lots of games so that your little one stays enthusiastic.
3) Have fun and be creative!
- Play with one of our Puddle Ducks rubber ducks or a ball or lots of different size balls!
- Have races!
- Have splashing competitions!
- Sing your Puddle Ducks songs with one of our Puddle Ducks puppet bath mitts!
Finally don't forget that children gravitate towards water. Teach them to NEVER enter the water without your supervision.
Whatever you decide to do during the holidays, we hope you have a fantastic time and have the chance to enjoy some super wonderful water play with your little ones. If you would like to sign your little one up to our fun filled classes then click here to explore our pools and classes.
Don't forget you can also join our classes ANYTIME. So if you are not signed up for our classes but would like the peace of mind of your child being safe around water whilst on your holidays then join us today. Give us a call on 0161 883 0222 or simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.