Everything you need to know about Y Club
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Y Club – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Y Club, Castlefield, Manchester, M3 4JR
Parking and public transport: Car parking available directly adjacent to the pool at 70p for 4 hours. You will need to take a ticket on entry and pay at reception before leaving – make sure you have 70p in change with you!
Other on street parking is available in the local vicinity in metered parking bays and at the YHA which is next door to the Y Club car park, free on street parking is available a short walk away at Castle Street (near to Dukes 92) please check local signs when you arrive in case of any changes.
Bus times and travel information can be found at www.tfgm.com/Pages/default.asp,
Deansgate/Castlefield Metrolink and Deansgate Train Station are a 5-10 minutes walk from Y Club.
Cycling - There are several Sheffield stands immediately in front of the reception. For those who may be cycling and walking, Y Club can be approached from Rice Street if you wish to avoid the large flight of steps from Liverpool Street.
- Please report to reception when you arrive and you will be directed to the changing rooms
- To avoid congestion in the changing rooms please don’t enter the changing rooms more than 15 minutes before your class and please exit within 15 minutes of the end of your class
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are a number of showers poolside
- No food or drink is permitted in the changing rooms
- Buggies and prams can be stored by the squash courts provided that they are not obstructing the walkway
- No outdoor shoes are permitted poolside, spectators should remove their shoes or use the shoe covers provided
- A well fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
- You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson
Changing rooms: Separate male, female and disabled changing rooms are available with direct access to the pool. Lockers (£1 refundable) are available and there is a baby changing unit in the ladies.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has a roped off area of the pool at Y Club
Spectators: At present, spectators are not permitted poolside
Pool temperature: 31°C
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at Y Club
Depth: 0.8m graduating to 1.4m
Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Manchester’s Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI) is very close to the Y Club and has 2 great cafes on site serving family-friendly meals and snacks. Alternatively Manchester city centre is on the doorstep offering a wide choice of cafes and restaurants with family-friendly menus
Closest soft play
MOSI has a range of activities for children, from sensory areas for babies to activities that explore science for older toddlers and pre-schoolers and Manchester city centre offers many more art galleries and museums all of which cater for young families.
If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Call us on 0161 883 0222
Email us on email@example.com