Where can I take my baby swimming in Wigan? – Fitness First Wigan.
Fitness First Wigan, Stadium Way, Wigan, Lancashire WN5 0UN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Fitness First Wigan – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Fitness First Wigan
Parking: There is plenty free parking available. Please enter your reg number on entry.
- Please go to reception on arrival to allow the staff member to mark the register
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- You will make your way to the poolside and wait on a marker to keep socially distanced from others. Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for members only
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are showers in the changing rooms
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms with showers for males and females. You will need a £1 coin for the lockers.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, members have use of the rest of the pool.
Access: Spectators are not able to sit at the poolside.
- Pool temperature: 30°C. Wetsuits are recommended for baby’s under the age of 1 year
- Poolside assistant: There isn’t a poolside assistant at this pool.
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
Mobile phones in changing rooms
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates. (Subject to government guidelines)
DW Sports Wigan benefits from a café on site.
Closest soft play
Pipsqueaks, Orrell Road, Wigan, Lancashire, WN5 8QZ
Other local attractions
Haigh Hall School Lane, Wigan, WN2 1PE