Where can I take my baby swimming in Blackrod? – Mercure Hotel Pool
Mercure Hotel, Manchester Road, Blackrod, Bolton BL6 5RU
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Mercure Hotel Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Mercure Hotel Bolton
Parking: There is ample parking at the hotel.
- Please go to reception on arrival to sign in / mark the register
- Please arrive swim ready and do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for members only
- Please avoid bringing in pushchairs and car seats into the changing rooms. Please take off any footwear before entering poolside
- Showers are not currently in use
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: There are male, female and disabled changing rooms at the hotel.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, members have use of the rest of the pool.
Access: Spectators can sit comfortably at the poolside. There is seating available.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C. Wetsuits are recommended for baby’s under the age of 1 year
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant on a Thursday and Friday but not on a Monday
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.8m
- Pool size: 8.5m x 14.5m
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
Mobile phones in changing rooms
Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you and to take photos in Splash Time (if you are careful not to include other children/parents from the class unless you have their permission), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The Mercure hotel benefits from a café on site.
Closest soft play
Party in Play Funhouse Westregen House, Great Bank Road, Bolton,BL5 3XB